play music without a mic

Any Ideas you have for New features to add to Yazak

Moderators: angel_witha_devilishgrin, christi.dove, carols_a_yazak_user, azwench

aJESUS

play music without a mic

Post by aJESUS » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:11 am

id like to see a plugin for yazak that would allow you to play music directly into voice chat without using a mic. so that the music gets played into voice chat and out of my speakers. using winamp windows media or a small pm3 player thats in the plugin.
you could have a browse button next to the talk button to select the sound file.

i know music is a bit annoying sometimes but some people and some rooms like it.
the thing that makes music so bad in chatrooms is the poor quality of the sound through peoples mics, i think by playing it dirrectly into vox it would be a lot better quality. and a mic lock would be cool.

what dya think?

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:49 pm

ya dont need a plug in to play music from a media player like windows media, real player or win amp.
all you need to do is access ya puter sound card, right click on speaker icon, click adjust audio properties, sound recording, click cd player,.make sure slider vol is set to half way and click on.
if ya have ya mic plugged in mute the mic vol again from the sound card, and thats it, when ya hit that mic button away ya go.
i doubt if zak could provide a plug in as you have to adjust ya puters soundcard. aslo remember that you can play inline as well, ie from your telly, hi fi etc as long as its connected to your puters sound card via the inline socket

aJESUS

music

Post by aJESUS » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:01 pm

that sounds awsome, ill try it, cheers :D

bubazooismad

Re:

Post by bubazooismad » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 am

Guest wrote:ya dont need a plug in to play music from a media player like windows media, real player or win amp.
all you need to do is access ya puter sound card, right click on speaker icon, click adjust audio properties, sound recording, click cd player,.make sure slider vol is set to half way and click on.
if ya have ya mic plugged in mute the mic vol again from the sound card, and thats it, when ya hit that mic button away ya go.
i doubt if zak could provide a plug in as you have to adjust ya puters soundcard. aslo remember that you can play inline as well, ie from your telly, hi fi etc as long as its connected to your puters sound card via the inline socket
I don't have a speaker icon in yazak. There is an icon that looks like a tree, a webcam icon, and right next to the webcam icon is an icon that says "shows any boober alerts" there is no sound or mic icon on my yazah screen. *shrugs*

when I click on the "webcam" icon, it terminates the program with an error code 336: missing or program not registered yuplap.dll.
I have installed the required runtimes, so I'm not sure why its saying that, and have rebooted and reinstalled several times, so you tell me, what else can I do?