Yazak archives

Post Your Views With Fellow Yazak Forum Members About Yahoo BUT KEEP YOUR POSTS CLEAN!
spydersayz

Yazak archives

Post by spydersayz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Hey folks i was wondering, knowing that the archive files are encoded, how one might be able to use them outside of Yazak, eg, send them to a friend having a lapse of memory? I know that Yahoo! archives have a decode program out there but i am sure it is not applicable to the client. Would love to be able to convert them and share a few of the convos. Any suggestions?

azwench

Re: Yazak archives

Post by azwench » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:21 am

If you're talking about the PM archives, the only way I've done it is to open up PM preferences, go to view archives, pick the ID on the top section, the Date of the convo in the bottom section... then on the right hand side, use CTRL+A to select all, CTRL + C or right click inside window for COPY, then open notepad or text program and paste it into it and save.

If you're talking room archives, those are simple html files and could be zipped up and sent, then the other person can just open them in their web browser under File...Open after they've unzipped it. Probably don't even have to zip it, but I always zip mail attachments especially in Yahoo mail.
+*¨^¨*+ Tam +*¨^¨*+
http://www.azwench.com/index.html
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits -- Albert Einstein