Here's Zak's VB Trappable Errors List:
http://www.yazakpro.com/tipsandhelp/VBT ... rrors.html
Explanation of Trappable Errors:
If your error's not listed there, generally you can do a google on it and find some sort of explanation for it.
This is the best one I've found with explanations and solutions so far:
Here's another list I came across in my wanderings:
Trappable Errors in Visual Basic:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... S.80).aspx
The lists above may not have the error number you're experiencing or give a clear solution to your problem.
In Yazak if I get an error a few times, usually exiting Yazak and restarting it will fix it. However, if that doesn't solve my problem...this is what I do:
Generally as a rule when I'm having a problem with a program, I will un-install it, making sure I get everything in the folder and the registry, reboot, and then do a clean re-install of the program.
But I have yet to ever do that with Yazak, it's one of the few programs I've never un-installed and re-installed to fix a problem.
1. I exit ALL chat programs whether Yazak, Messenger, etc. They share common DLL files and you can't fix them if they're running at the same time.
2. I go to the Yazak download site and save fresh copies of the Yazak and VB Run files to my hard drive in my download folder.
3. I then install the fresh copies which will overwrite the old files and repair any corruptions.
4. I always do a reboot after any install, whether it says to reboot or not.
5. When I open Yazak again, that's usually fixed the problem.
6. If it hasn't, then I will do a total shut down of my computer and wait at least five minutes before I turn it back on. I like to give everything a lot of time to cool down before I boot it up again. Pop in a movie, make a quick phone call...you're not going to die if you miss five minutes of chat.
7. If you're still experiencing problems, try signing into several of your other IDs, if they work then the problem might lie in the files for the ID that you're having a problem with.
8. If it's a case of the ID files being corrupt, I exit Yazak. Then I go into the Yazak Program files to the Yazak Preferences folder and delete the three files corresponding to the problem ID:
9. I re-start Yazak and login that ID again, reset my preferences, and I'm off and running again.
(I keep screenshots of the Preference Pages 1-4 so it takes me about a minute to reset my preferences back to my favorite settings.)
Hopefully these tips will help you if you've just installed Yazak and want to know about some of the cool features it has or perhaps if you've been a long-time user of the program and you haven't done many changes to make your chatting experience more enjoyable.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest