simple scorer for Yazak

Any Ideas you have for New features to add to Yazak

Moderators: angel_witha_devilishgrin, christi.dove, carols_a_yazak_user, azwench

simple scorer for Yazak

Postby essexman » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:07 pm

Love Yazak , and use it to play trivia in teams , would love a simple scoring prog embedded in yazak, or on hotkeys like this :-
Guys = 10 Girls = 14
possible in different colours , and font size 14 16 etc .
For me it would make a great prog even greater, because my knowledge of programming is non-existant :( :(
essexman

Postby Zak » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:38 pm

tel me more details how the scorer works :shock:

Like is it like you press a button to add some points to one team another for other team another button for results :roll:
Zak

Simple Scoring prog for Yazak

Postby essexman » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:24 am

Dear Zak ,
Thats it exactly , f12 usually launches an active scorer , boys on left , girls on right , default is Guys=0 Girls=0. you can increment the scores individually for either side by pressing the + button or decrementing the scores by pressing its - button , scoring sometimes goes as high as 60 , and the first side wins .Some have got frills on them , where you can add in an extra phrase of your own choice like "possible game point for the Girls"
or others have "we are in bondage" when the scores become equal ...I have tried a couple off the trivia site, infact here is one on this url :-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TFFTriviaForum/files/ and goto the ReferenceLibrary to find "TTF Scorer.exe " but it is a common fact no autoscorer works with Yazak .Perhaps you could take alook at this for us Zak , because I am aware so many people in Trivia are using your client , and would love to take a turn scoring if they could.
essexman

Postby Scampi » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:59 am

Wouldnt this be better as a plugin that people could add if they wanted to. Since it isnt something everyone would want or even use. That way you keep the core of yazak small as a download.
Scampi

Postby Scampi » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:02 am

Actually you could turn it into a full trivia thing where it posts questions that you add as a text file and has a time limit to answer them in. Of course this would be annoying and spammy for most channels but if you guys play trivia im sure it would be tollerated. Just a few additional thoughts on your idea Essex. :)
Scampi

simple scorer for Yazak

Postby essexman » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:07 am

Scampi,
Great idea !, as an extra add-on or plug in of course, not part of the main programme , cos Zak must have enough trouble keeping abreast of the Yahpoo idiosyncrasies! For me Yahoo messenger chews up great lumps of room text , whereas Yazak seems to capture the lot .I do like that idea of pre-loading a question file , and then sending to the room one line at a time, that would be Sooo slick , good thinking there!! :)
essexman

Postby Scampi » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:39 am

All you would really need is a .ini which could be edited in notepad or textpad. So you can add new questions or delete them and then grab the quiz question or trivia off some Trivia WebSite. I dont think it would be that hard to do the problem is having the time to do it Zaks a very busy man. Places to Go, People to Meet and Thing to do.
Scampi

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:06 pm

i think it would need to be a plugin or people will start knowing yazak to be the client with a built in room flooder lol... i noticed that when i used tattoos in chat some people couldnt see me and some chat programs were ingnoring me for possible boot exploit.

Return to Yazak Features You'd Like Zak To Add